The Joseph Saveri Law Firm is proud to honor and support World Environment Day, an initiative of the United Nations to encourage awareness and action for the protection of the environment.
Since 1974, World Environment Day has been celebrated annually on June 5. It engages businesses and citizens to focus their efforts on pressing environmental issues such as marine pollution, human overpopulation, climate change, sustainable consumption, and wildlife crime.
World Environment Day has become a global platform for public outreach, with participation from over 143 countries annually. Each year, it has a new theme that major corporations, NGOs, communities, governments, and celebrities adopt to advocate environmental causes. This year’s theme is biodiversity.
Climate change and environmental stewardship have become some of the largest issues facing our collective future. We are concerned about these conditions and want to ensure that our business is as “green” as possible. Last year, the firm organized an internal Green Team of employees to spearhead this goal. This year, it was designated as a Certified Green Business by the San Francisco Green Business Program.
We support World Environment Day every day via various green activities, including:
- Updating and expanding our recycling efforts as guided by local recycling recommendations
- Avoiding activities and purchases that waste energy and resources
- Regularly participating in Bay Area cleanup and ecology-related efforts
- Ensuring our team is educated in green initiative practices that we can implement
- Adhering to effective paper management practices